Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Russian Stencillers

So while I'm waiting for the laptop here to digest these enormous large-format PSD files, I've been doing a bit of a search around for some stencillers in Russia. I randomly came across 2 artists on SR a while ago doing some really fresh work, and made a mental note to check them out in more detail.


Check out the wicked number above. Their style is totally my cup of tea. They are called the incubus project, and are based in Saint Petersburg.

Then there's also this guy, Zakut, who I think is in Moscow. Nice work on the detailed scales.


This is great news. It has encouraged me to think that I'm not necessarily committing stencil suicide by moving over that part of the world. On my previous visits I hadn't seen much graff or stencils to speak of, and was starting to wonder whether much existed. Was obviously hanging with the wrong crowd.......

There's a very brief mention of The Incubus Project on Wooster here: http://www.woostercollective.com/2007/04/08-week/

Plus they sell some apparel etc through Redspective in Berlin here:
http://www.redspective.com/shop/
























No comments: